Commonly used treatments
- Manual Therapy: stiff joints and soft tissues are mobilised or manipulated with specialised techniques.
- Massage: Deep manipulation of the muscle and soft tissue is used to restore normal movement and improve blood supply.
- Electrotherapy: Treatments such as ultrasound, interferential laser therapy and TENS are sometimes used as an adjunct to your “hands on” treatment if they are appropriate.
- Exercise and Home Programme: Stretching, strengthening and stabilising joints and muscles with specific exercises is an important part of your treatment. You will receive a home programme to speed up your recovery and help to prevent future problems.
- Advice and Self Management: Your problem will be fully explained, as we believe that understanding how to manage your condition will help speed recovery.