Achilles Physio have teamed-up with Functional Intelligent Training to offer fitness coaching for our customers. Based in our Gosforth clinic, we provide strength and conditioning training for those looking to become fitter, stronger and healthier.
What is Strength & Conditioning Training?
The role of a strength and conditioning is to use exercise prescription specifically to improve performance. They also help athletes with injury prevention and proper mechanics within their sports performances.
Strength and Conditioning is about more than lifting weights – it encompasses the entire development of a person or athlete and what is needed to improve their physical performance. This includes plyometrics, speed and agility, endurance and core stability with strength training being just one piece of the jigsaw. The role of the strength and conditioning coaches at F.I.T is to bridge the gap between the theory of training and applied training, helping someone to become faster, stronger, more flexible and to build their muscular endurance and remain injury free.
Our Training Facility
Our training facility in Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne is one of the best in the North east of England, allowing for coaching of the highest quality. We have:
- The longest indoor track in a private facility in the North of England.
- 9 dedicated lifting platforms.
- Extensive free weights suite.
- Core specific zone.
- Mobility specific zone.
- We use the latest available technology to support, monitor and enhance your training as used by Team GB and other professional institutes worldwide.
- Reception area with full Wi-Fi facilities, laptop workstations and good coffee.
- Integrated Physiotherapy services.
- All our coaches have degrees, some of them to Masters level, have backgrounds in professional sport and are UKSCA accredited, check out their profiles for more details here.
- Yoga, Pilates and F.I.T. classes.
- Private changing rooms with high pressure shower facilities.
To find out more about our strength and conditioning coaching, contact us.